Future Travels

November 15, 2018

Bucket List Check: The Broad Museum


Driving around downtown LA is both frustrating and magical. Magical because there is so many cool things to see. Frustrating because parking, one way streets and traffic is a beast. But we managed to find a garage where it was $9 for the day (I'm sure there was cheaper) but after driving around and wondering about all the posts of rules on the street poles for parking, we decided to play it safe and grab a spot close to where we were starting to give up but also close to the Broad Museum.


One of the first exhibits we saw. You can pay for an audio tour or download the app and get the tour for free. We did neither but I think next time I would download the app to learn a little more about the exhibits. Most were fairly well marked but there were a few I wondered about. 


It's free to come here but tickets go fast. We never could plan a time to go so luckily there is a standby line. We picked up a TV Tony found on Craigslist not too far away and figured it was a good time to also make it to the Broad. They do have a Twitter account where they post how long the wait is so that was helpful in us deciding to go.


Something I wish we had known when we finally got through the standby line is that we should immediately come to this tablet set up downstairs outside the gift shop (which has no magnets by the way, sad day!) This gets you on a wait list to get in to a really cool room which I'll show some pictures of later. When we finally went to the tablet, there was a wait to sign up to go in the special room. Even with the wait, they give you a time slot to come back. It's quite the process but next time I think it'll go a bit more smoothly since I know to get signed up on the tablet asap to avoid an even longer wait. 


Going up!


I may or may remember which floor every exhibit was on but really there is just a lower floor and upper floor. The middle is where art is stored. 



I just love these exhibits. There is some art like this in some of the hotels in Las Vegas as well.



'Merica! 




We felt so tiny around this giant kitchen table!


 




The exhibit we got tickets for a later time for is similar to what you see above except it is a whole room you can walk inside!









They store the art on the second level of the museum








I took a picture of me by this sign and told Tony I'd send it to him when I was really sorry about something. Tehe.

Overall, I loved coming to this museum and would certainly go again. 

If you are ever in L.A and would like to go, here's the info:

Address: 221 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90012

No comments: