Future Travels

November 18, 2018

Page Arizona Balloon Festival day 1



Tony & I drove all night pretty much and got in around 2:30am on November 2. But arriving at the end of a trip to hot air balloons is always well worth it, even when we are running on not much sleep the first day.


Tony worked from the hotel the whole day pretty much for his remote job but I was able to go out and help our friend Judy with her balloon, Desert Drifter. Also got to see some wonderful friends, Linda and Bud, who we haven't seen in quite a while! They live in Arizona. My friend Kylee from Nevada came and Hubert, from the Netherlands, came as well with a few other crew.


Parking is across the street at the lumber yard parking lot and the kind officers of Page helped people cross this busy road.


The basket gets slid off the back of the trailer along with the envelope (that holds the balloon) and the fan. I was on the fan most days which I don't mind. It's fun to watch the balloon inflate! It's so pretty on the inside!


Getting that air from the fan inside before Judy adds the hot air



Couldn't decide which picture I liked best. 

Love having my Snapchat Spectacles which let me document events hands-free pretty much!
  

Kylee and Hubert got to fly Friday morning with Judy


I always love to see the special shape balloons


Up up and away they go!
  


  


Always great views when you fly in Page!




Time to chase Judy's balloon. Basically following it so we can be there when she lands. I learned it's better to stay ahead of the balloon if you can. The car can change directions easier and faster than a balloon can and you always have to be ready for when it's ready to land.
  
  

Trying to capture the pretty fall leaves



Judy's balloon peek from behind the tree





Judy was able to have a safe landing behind a hotel with a couple other balloons. We got packed up fairly quickly because we had lots of help. Stay tuned for what fun things we did next!

No comments: