Future Travels

July 2, 2020

Through McMinnville & Tillamook



I can't stand how green Oregon is. Soo different than the high desert of California or when I lived in Arizona. Sheesh. I am blown away every time I am in this beautiful state.



Had to stop and get a selfie in a cool spot on our drive


I'd love to come back to this forest and camp someday with our teardrop camper


 
On and on we drove until we got to McMinnville. The last area I served in as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I met so many wonderful people in that town (as I did in each area I served) and have kept in touch with a few that still live there. I got home in 2005 so it's been quite awhile!


The Egan's house for lunch outside! It was wonderful! I love this family so freekin much.



Blogger has changed and won't let me rotate photos in my posts now? That's lame. Well, this sandwich was made with homemade bread and grilled outdoors. I can't even. It was so delicious but I was only able to eat half because that's how I am. I saved the other half for later though. We had wonderful conversation and the time went all too fast before we had to head to our next destination - Rockaway Beach for the reunion!


This road was so cool I had to post pictures of it twice. I love when the trees cover the road to make a canopy.



Tillamook tours was not open but they did have ice cream available for purchase outside. $3.50 / scoop! I got the mint chocolate which I fully expected to be green with big chocolate chunks. I guess they changed it since I last had it? It has been awhile...a little bit of a bummer but still very tasty.

No comments: