Future Travels

February 11, 2018

Tio's Tacos in Riverside Pt. 1


This restaurant had so much wow factor that it deserved it's own blog post instead of sticking it on my food tab. For reals. We were there at least 45 min to an hour just exploring and taking pictures before we even went to order our food. Check it out!




The man in the picture on the left was carrying a boombox playing loud music. What is this, the 80's? Haha!



 A man named Martin Sanchez has basically built a shrine out of trash. Shells, rusty cans, bottle lids, old McD's toys, barbie dolls, glass bottles, plastic bottles, metal, license plates, antiques... you name it, it's there. Or at least it feels like that. 


Click the picture to make it bigger and you can read all about the artist and the history behind this place.









Jesus take the wheel. Haha



I spy a panda!


 



This place reminded me of East Jesus and Salvation Mountain area. Remember when I did that trip? If not, I liked you so just click the highlighted links. It was a year ago in February that Tony & I went out to explore that area. So weird, so fun!









Amazing painting on the ceiling of this little 'church'


A lot of it makes no sense (to me) and doesn't really tell a consistent story (to me) but it seems all just super random. I had to walk really slowly just to catch everything and I am sure there is still stuff I missed!


I am breaking up this post a bit because I took so many pictures I want to share but I dont want it to be too overwhelming. 

No comments: