Future Travels

April 22, 2024

Last Full Day in Texas

 


We flew back to California on April 16th so the 15th was our last full day of the trip to Texas and Arkansas. Tony & I used this day to do errands and other fun (mostly to me) things like shopping.




Tony & I went to a BBQ place he'd found called Smokey John's Bar-B-Que. I got a baked potato with bacon, cheese, sour cream and butter. Oof. It was a lot. 
I managed to eat most of it.



Tony got ribs with fries. He said the ribs were alright. The fries were really good.


I didn't take photos of the shopping but I did find a few cool things, 




I also was able to get photos of these pretty flowers that lined the roads in various areas.



I got food at Chicken Salad Chick one more time!



We rented a car through Turo, it was a Lexus and pretty nice. Alright gas mileage and had the space we needed to transport luggage and for shopping bags. The owner was great to work with and very understanding. He even refunded some of the money for the trouble Tony had when a tire went flat and he had to get that fixed and then later replaced the 2 back tires.  I think we would try using Turo again in the future!

Let me know, have you been to Texas before? What fun things did you do?



Enjoying the gas prices before having to go back to the high high prices in California...


No comments: