Future Travels

August 13, 2018

Emma Woods State Beach


The Channel Islands are out there but super hard to see because of..smokey air I guess

Our California hot air balloon pilot friends and crew were gathering for camping at the beach for a few days and invited us to join them. We wanted to camp but our tent was too big (we thought) for the area and since we were not sure about this particular place in general, we decided to just go for the day and get an Airbnb to stay the night in L.A. 




It was a potluck and everyone brought so much yummy food! Tony made brownies and pasta salad for our contributions. There was a couple different kinds of meat provided and then many desserts, salads and sides to choose from.


My favorite marshmallow fluff salad! A couple pasta dishes, cherries (always at a balloon potluck), chocolate bunt cake and there's meat under there somewhere. So much yum.


Tony and I wanted to walk down the beach so we got our chairs and I grabbed the kite I brought to attempt flying in. Sadly it was too windy for it to get much height but it was fun to try.



Some ocean nature



I think if I had had my swimsuit on, I would have gotten in the water more than just past my ankles a bit. The water felt so good! Not too cold which usually its freezing to me!



Tony took a nice nap, I caught up on social media and experimented with taking some fun pictures 



Not pictured here but we even got to see some dolphins swimming together!


A lot of people played a Washers Tournament which is throwing washers through big holes cut out kind of like a beanbag toss game. The tournament lasted a few hours and we came to watch towards the end of it. Then Tony & I took some turns practicing since we'd never played before. Quite fun!


The waves started to crash in higher as the sun went down and we said our goodbyes and headed to our Airbnb after exploring downtown Ventura. Stay tuned!

Beach camping available, I think they prefer you to be in a motorhome type setup because there are no bathrooms really. I was told you need to book 6 months in advance.

No comments: