Future Travels

February 18, 2018

Tewinkle Park Nature Walk


I found Tewinkle Park on Yelp when I was searching for easy hikes in the area. This one caught my eye because the name was catchy and there was water. I love a hike with water for some reason. This park was really quite neat!


When you first get to the park and park in the lot you come to a playground.


I wish my neices and nephews had been with me because it was really quite cool. Lots of parents playing with their kids here and some just monitoring.


We were not here to play though, we were here to walk around and get me some more miles for the #365milechallenge I am participating in.  This park is 49 acres btw!


Looking forward and looking back


The first area of water was disappointing. It was dried up and all yucky in the pond area. Maybe this section was not working right or something.


We walked on and found this cool pond with a bunch of ducks swimming around.


Then we started seeing the fountains!


They were pretty cool and I loved this part of the park



Fake tree made to look legit but it was really a cell tower type of thing all hidden


Do you see the turtle? We saw a couple in the lake area.




Overall I think this was a great park, felt pretty safe and had a lot to do. The nature trail was not too long and not too short. The playground looked entertaining for kids and there was a covered area for parties or picnicing. There is also ball fields and and tennis courts which we did not check out.

Here's the address if you'd like to go here yourself

970 Arlington Dr, Costa Mesa, CA 92626

No comments: