Future Travels

September 12, 2017

Special Times in Woodland, CA!

Photo by Tony Hoxsie

While we were in northern CA for my grandparents 70th wedding anniversary, we took the time to stop by the house I grew up in from when I was born until age 21. I try to go back often and visit the people who bought it. They are older and always happy to see us and this time they let us poke around the backyard and get some pictures.


Photo by Tony Hoxsie

In the backyard of the house I grew up in, in front of the play structure that my dad, uncles and maybe cousins, put together when I was a kid. I dont remember how old I was. It had monkey bars that extended out to the left and a swinging bridge that came out in the direction I am standing in this picture. We played on that thing so hard!

Photo by Tony Hoxsie

Photo by Tony Hoxsie

Climbing rope still hanging there!

Photo by Tony Hoxsie

Looking up in to a tree on the corner of the house near the walkway to the front gate. 

Photo by Tony Hoxsie

 I dont super remember this shed but I do remember the smaller one on the right. A chicken coop run used to be there and I remember when my dad took it out and put up a shed instead. So sturdy and its lasted a long time.

Photo by Tony Hoxsie

This side of the house used to be full of grass/weeds that grew tall in the summer. Mayflies would hide out in there and we sometimes truth-or-dared each other to run down the "Mayfly forest". It was scary. It was fun.


Tried to do a panoram of the backyard. It seemed so much bigger when we were kids! In place of that 2nd bigger shed was a tree and a tire swing. There were 2 other trees and dirt all around. I believe where the play structure was had grass and the back area of the yard was a huge garden space with fruit trees, a raised garden bed and other things we would plant every spring. 

Photo by Tony Hoxsie

The house would get painted and repainted. I remember it being various shades of stucco but I think it was easier just to paint the trim so thats usually what my dad did every few years. Navy blue and forest green are two colors I remember. I wish I could go power spray off the hole house - so many cobwebs! :(


After we were done reminiscing in the backyard, my sister Julianne, my brother James, me and Tony went across the street to visit Ron (pictured) and his wife. We were so lucky to catch them home after returning from a drive. Sadly Ron's wife Cindy is battling brain cancer, diagnosed earlier this year. So sad, Ron is the nicest and his wife is super nice and sweet. She is not reacting well to a new treatment though so she went inside to lay down and we didn't talk to her this time.


No comments: