Future Travels

August 7, 2013

Camping with the Teardrop in Salina, UT

Owl chilling Saturday morning at our campsite

Tony is really excited about this car tent we bought on a Facebook yardsale page a few months ago. He wanted to try it out with the teardrop so here is how it looked. We put our duffel bags and backpacks in the tent which was nice to do and not have them in the back of the truck. If it had been raining I think this would come in handy.

Here's a view from the other side. We could open the back of the teardrop inside the tent and prepare and eat breakfast inside the tent. Another handy thing to do if it had been raining. 

Here is the current look of the back of our teardop. I hope we can get some cupboards put back in there soon. The tupperware containers we got and our ice chest fit pretty perfectly in the bottom section.

A bit farther back - sorry the sun messed with my pictures a bit

Side view of breakfast

Closeup of breakfast

And even closer! Strawberry instant oatmeal. Mmm

 Plus we added some fresh strawberries too. 

I feel like meals with camping with the teardrop gives us so many more options and I'm not sure why. It's like, "What can't we make?!" Is it having a flat surface to prepare food that makes things easier? Well, whatever it is, it's one of my favorite parts of the teardrop and a section of it I hope we can improve and make better in the future.

1 comment:

Meradeth Houston said...

You guys are always up to something fun! Makes me wish we had a teardrop :)