Future Travels

December 7, 2018

New Wave Hike


Starting out on a new hike near Lake Powell. My friends did it before we came and I knew Tony & I just had to check it out. So glad that we did because it was fun and we got lots of good pictures!



Interesting formations...


Parts of this hike really did remind me of the Wave!



You can see a tiny bit of the lake on the left














It was a little cool outside but I did get a bit warm while hiking. It was nice to have the sun out.




Lots of cool rocks!





I wanted to drive down to that cave-hole place but the road seemed pretty rough, even in our CRV. There were big dips and I thought the bottom middle of our car might get stuck. We didn't have shovels or anything with us so..maybe next time we will go more prepared or in a taller vehicle.













I saved the coordinates to this place since I'm not sure of its true name but if you are traveling across the bridge by the dam, the visitor center is on your right and then keep going on the road and there will be a parking area on your left, that is where the hike starts. But if anyone wants the exact coordinates, let me know and I can send them to you!

No comments: