Future Travels

July 21, 2017

Yosemite or Bust - Bust!



We headed to Yosemite from our campsite in a little place called Tuttletown. I would say it was an hour/hour and a half away but after driving through the park we realized there was camping spots however we also realized that people probably booked very far in advance to get one.



I was quite excited to actually see this park since I grew up in northern CA and my parents never took us and I have not had the opportunity to go until now!


There were some very pretty views

Photo by Tony Hoxsie


The line of traffic to get in took a long time. I have never seen such an issue! Usually we have no problem getting in to the parks. Tony was right, we should have left the campsite earlier! When we saw a sign later in the day it said the wait was THREE HOURS to get in to the park. Mmm - nope!

Photo by Tony Hoxsie


It was so nice to see green!

Photo by Tony Hoxsie


Faces of Half Dome - its wayy back there!


Popular spot to get out and take a picture I guess! Everyone else was so you know...fomo...

Photo by Tony Hoxsie


Photo by Tony Hoxsie


Photo by Tony Hoxsie


Would have loved to hike to the waterfall but alas, there was nowhere to park without having to walk a really long ways... so I had to settle for a picture this time around.



So...lesson learned. Never visit Yosemite in the middle of summer. You'll be stuck with long delays and no place / hard to find parking. Their shuttle bus system was complicated and we never made it in to a visitors center to get help. I am looking forward to going back in a few months when things have settled down. That all being said - I had some friends in the park that day with their 2 kids and they had a blast. Did not seem to have problems so I will have to message her what their trick was!



No comments: