Future Travels

April 25, 2019

Teardrop Camper Rebuild - The Frame


Today we worked on the frame of the teardrop. It's a Harbor Freight frame and I tried a couple different cleaners on the metal to see which would work best. 


First, had to spend time taping the trailer, all the parts we didn't want to get paint on. Lights and the metal plates with information.


Krud Kutter or Awesome from the Dollar Tree. Which will work?

Wel, Krud Kutter did not do well, it made it so water beaded up on the paint. I did not like using it. It also made the paint start to come off on my scrubby brush. I guess that's not a big problem since I was repainting anyways but I decided to use the Awesome spray and well, it did pretty awesome. I mainly wanted to scrub down and clean up the frame so that the new paint would stick well.


I got this spraypaint from Rustoleum and I should have used my spray paint trigger (I put that on later) to avoid getting paint on my hand but this stuff did great at making nice even coats on the metal frame.


Before and after pictures!

No comments: